Friday, October 3, 2008

Separation Anxiety

Okay, so Bailey is doing fine with Mommy going back to work, Mommy on the other hand, is a nervous wreck. I hate being away from my Baby Girl!!! I wish I could stay home with her, but unfortunately the Lord hasn't made us rich quite yet :) Anyways, I went back to work on Wednesday and today is my second day back. The first day was absolutely heart wrenching, but today was a little easier. I'm incredibly ready for 5:00 to be here so I can go home and see her again, but we're getting closer with every passing minute. I'm back part time currently, and within 3 weeks I'll be back to full time working status, so I'm getting used to it slowly, but surely. We still haven't found a place to live, so we're still with my in-laws, but it's giving us a chance to catch up on things and what not. We're also still waiting to hear from FEMA if we're going to receive any government assistance. So anyways, in a nutshell, we're doing okay, ready to get out on our own again and live like a normal family again LOL (whatever normal is).

An update on Bailey, she went to the doctor last Friday and is finally back up to her birth weight. She is 6 pounds 6 ounces, 21 1/2 inches long (man, I feel like I'm talking about a newborn). She is 5 1/2 weeks old now. I can't believe it's been 5 weeks since I first held my little peanut in my arms. She really isn't much different, more alert and active, and a little longer, but other than that, she hasn't changed much. I can't wait to see her...I just want to go home (I already said that, but this day just seems to be dragging on along...GRRRR!!!). Anyways, her next appointment is October 26 and she will have to get her shots already. I think I'm going to scream and cry more than she will. My heart already hurts just thinking about watching them stick my little girl with a needle. Oh well, such is life in these United States.

I'm going to try to email myself some pictures tonight from my in-laws computer, if it works, then I will upload them tomorrow so that you can see some new pictures of Bailey and possibly some of our flood pictures. Hope everyone is doing well. Love ya and miss ya and talk to you later!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds like you are really enjoying being a mommy!! I'm so happy for you - she is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Tom and April said...

okay so I stay home with Faith and I am richly blessed in that, but not RICH.........haha.....just had to add that. Our pastor goes to West Coast and our sending Evangelist from our church Bro. John Goetsch Jr. well I am sure you have heard of his dad by now. ANyhow, love yah hang in there.